Breakfast:
- Glass of milk
- Apple
Snack
- Orange
Dinner
- Boca burger
- water
- 4 Radishes
Exercise: Pleading the fifth
6am my fat ass. More like 10:30. So...no real exercise today. Tigard has been spared of my early morning wrath...for now. Basically today I woke up, took a shower, got dressed, packed for the library and have been sitting here since...hmm...12? It's now 3:42. (Thank you Tigard Library for providing free WiFi.)
I'm really hungry right now. The thought of walking up to McDonald's right now is so tempting however this little thing called "I need money to buy more stuff" is in the way. I need to really force myself to sit on what funds I have left which doing as a sterotypical female is hard enough already but is even harder when that female has worked in a mall for almost 3 years and now suddenly has to break herself of the almost-instant gratification accessability she found having all her favorite stores under one roof. Even the dollar menu seems kind of pricey now. Sad times.
When I mentioned to my mom and my grandparents that I was going to try out being a vegitarian the look on my grandpa's face held more shock than that of baseball fans' when the Yankees won. (Pick any of those occasions because they are so few they are amazing.) I thought my dad was going to have an emotional breakdown when I ordered a Garden Burger on his birthday but Grandpa had me almost worried he'd have a heartattack. ...ok mabye he wasn't that shocked but,still, you get the point. Coming from two families of pretty consistant red meat eaters who load up on the starch, calories, and cholesterol this feat of vegitarianism is not going to be easy. I had to agree to modify it so that I'd eat chicken and fish (the fish was easy enough and though I do like chicken I was hoping to avoid it...which I will because I never said how often I'd eat it) so I could stop the impending onslaught of questions about where I'll get protein (nuts) and other questions I wasn't prepared to answer because I had JUST decided to start this task that would no doubt be considered a miricale if pulled off for more than a week.
In case you are a random pass-by of a person here's some information about me:
Name: Angelina Ariola
Age: 21
Where: Tigard, Oregon
Why I'm doing this: I guess I like to torture myself to within an inch of my sanity. Or because I need to lose weight; take your pick. I think that I think makng my diet/ life change out there and public might help keep me accountable and help me "stick to it" because if other people know what I'm doing then I will feel the "I don't want any confrontation" feeling I always get when I know someone is about to ask me if I'm in school and then the inevitable "why not?"
What else is there to know? Let's see...
My mom is currently starting radiation treatments (finally) to get rid of her stage one endrometrial cancer. We're too much alike sometimes that we clash. That, of course, makes it a joy to live with each other. I love her very much but I really need to make one of my goals "save enough money so I can move out" because we do much better when not together.
My dad is really old. Ok, he's only 62 but when you ask him how he is he'll say something like, "older and uglier than dirt" so, in my defence, he has given me permission thoughout my life to call him really old because that is how he has described himself. Plus, I think it makes mentioning that for his 61st birthday I got him a package of Depends a little bit funnier. I give it another year before he opens them.
No cats/dogs/boyfriends/girlfriends to speak of. Yippee.
Alright. Time to get up off this thang and do something productive. Again: yippee.
-Angelina
No comments:
Post a Comment